The opaque rubber skin fits on top of a regular keyboard. The keys are labeled with the corresponding shortcuts for Photoshop Creative Suite 4 and 5. Covers to fit a variety of both desktop and laptop Macs are available. They also have versions labeled with shortcuts for several other applications.
I already use a transparent keyboard cover (to reduce wear and keep cookie crumbs out of the keyboard). It took a little getting used to. The rubber makes the keyboard feel a bit odd, but it has been very effective at protecting my MacBook Pro from snack attacks. The sticky fingertip transfer from chocolate glazed donuts washes right off. My inference is that the printed keyboard cover would offer the same protection, but with the added benefit of having Photoshop shortcut labels literally at your fingertips.
I haven't seen one of these Keyboard Shortcut Skins up close and personal. I don't know a thing about the product other than what's said in Photojojo's product description, but that was enough to convince me to add one to my "To Buy When Funds Allow" list. The price is modest, but until I find a steady gig I'm not buying anything but absolute necessities.
No comments:
Post a Comment